Go-Green! - Intersect's green property management offering...
Intersect Sectional Title Services provides a comprehensive management service to both Green Star rated buildings, as well as any building seeking to improve its environmental performance.
Intersect works in conjunction with the Body Corporate and its buildings' occupants and service providers to align the buildings' environmental performance against the applicable Green Star rating tool (if certified) and or the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) entered into.
Once a green star rated building has either been developed or retrofitted with energy efficient systems and/or along carbon footprint reducing lines, the building must be managed to ensure sustainability and maximum benefit of the infrastructure and measures put in place.
Property management therefore plays a key role reducing a building's carbon footprint, and Intersect is the 1st property management company to launch a green management option to the sectional title market in South Africa.
Two documents are signed at inception when appointing Intersect to manage a building using our Go-Green! option, a management agreement and a MOU, both of which are aligned to green principles and to reducing the carbon footprint of the building.
Of course, the success of such initiatives relies on the co-operation of all stakeholders within the building, including the management team, staff, service providers and occupants. Intersect's Go-Green! offering seeks to resolve the management aspect and to guide the rest of the stakeholders to achieve the goals set out in the MOU.
our go-green services - in a nutshell
go-green! add-on services
- Drafting and implementing an MOU
- Training and advising stakeholders
- Tracking trends
- Energy and consumption reporting
- BMS oversight
- Drafting and implementing a waste management plan
- Drafting and implementing Service Level Agreements
- Appointment of approved service providers
- Drafting and implementing retrofit and maintenance policies
standard management services
- Financial accounting
- Issuing of monthly levy statements
- Collection of levies and other contributions
- Facilities management
- Meeting facilitation
- Sectional Title and related advice
- Statutory compliance
- Payroll facilitation
- Trust account management
- Audit preparation
- CSOS registration and maintenance
- Payment of all creditors
- Investment of surplus funds